Planning a Wedding? Well, you’ve come to the right place. There’s nothing more romantic than a wedding on the beach. Formal or informal, our beautiful white sand and the Gulf of Mexico will enchant you. Here’s some information that may help in your planning efforts:
Weddings & Ceremonies on Clearwater Beach
The City of Clearwater encourages our community and visitors to take advantage of our beautiful beach and enjoy your time with us. Depending on the size and scope of your event, you may not need a Special Event Permit.
If it is a small ceremony of less than 75 people, with no amplified sound or structures (gazebos, tents, etc.), then you are more than welcomed to use our beach for your ceremony. Chairs are allowed on the beach. We do request that any setup be done immediately before the ceremony, and chairs and decorations to be taken off the beach immediately after the ceremony. Please be aware that alcohol, glass and open flames are prohibited on the public beach.
**Please Note : Beach activities north of Avalon Street are not permitted.**
Special Event Permit Applications are required for beach events that meet any of the following criteria:
- Event has 75 people or more.
- Event has amplified sound.
- Event involves structures (Gazebos, tents, etc.) having impact upon public property, public facilities, parks, sidewalks or streets within the city limits.
Applying and Payment
- Applications are available please call 727-562-4700 ext.0 to have one mailed to your address. Submit application and $100 application fee at least 30 days prior to the event set-up. Make checks payable to the City of Clearwater Parks & Recreation Dept.
Ways to Submit Special Event Application
- Mail: City of Clearwater Parks & Recreation Dept.
- Attn: Ralph Shaw
- P.O. Box 4748
- Clearwater, FL 33758
- Fax: 727-562-4813
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org